Phone Number: 01732 313 076


Need some advice With Property Valuation?

Do you require a commercial property valuation in Tonbridge or the surrounding areas of Kent? Our local property surveyor has years of experience in commercial property valuations. 

We are regulated by RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), and with our knowledge, we can offer professional advice on properties before making your final decision. If you need any advice, feel free to get in contact with us, and we will be more than happy to help. We ensure our clients get the best and fairest deal possible and feel like they have enough information to make the most suited decision for them.

Why have your property valued?

There are many purposes for property valuations, including development appraisals and secured lending. These valuations require extensive planning due to a wide range of factors. Having your property valued gives you insurance on all your assets in the property, and also gives you business security from inflation. Valuers can provide you with an estimation of the potential market value, which will allow investors to determine the future revenue of the property.


Commercial property valuation simply means the amount of investment the property (or company) makes every year, usually being an office, retail shop or any other business. The rent is regulated by the landlord and calculated using its location, the condition it's in, facilities involved in the lease and size of the building itself.

The income made, and expenses spent on the property is used to calculate the NOI (Net Operating Income) of the property. The higher the NOI, the higher the value of the property. For example, the older the building is, the lower the NOI, as it' s more likely money will need to be spent on the maintenance and repairs on the property.

For a new build, however, the NOI will be calculated by estimating an expected income.

We can help with...

We offer a range of valuation services within the commercial and industrial sectors and provide advice for sales and purchasing. We can provide you with professional Commercial Property Valuation Reports, all done by our chartered surveyors and valuers, who are all registered with RICS. The services we offer with Commercial Property Valuation are:

Rent Reviews

Pension Scheme Valuations

Handling Taxation

Leasehold disputes

Types of Commercial Property Valuations

Here at Edward Prentice Ltd, we offer property valuations for specific purposes, including:

Loan Security

If you need to request a loan from the bank, then you will need to have a loan security valuation. This is basically like a check to make a right and fair decision based on factual information, as to whether the bank should provide the loan to the customer or not.

These checks also help the bank to come up with a loan amount that is right for that specific customer. This usually needs to be done by an RICS registered chartered surveyor, as they have years of professional and expert training.


Probate valuations are essential when it comes to property valuations. It has to take place when someone is deceased, and their estate needs to be managed. We understand this process can be hard for family members and loved ones, which is why we will help you plan everything from start to finish.

However, if you are looking to buy a house that is cheap, then probate houses are the ideal ones for you. We do advise you to get a building survey done if you choose to go down this route. For more information, please give us a call today and we'll be happy to discuss.

Balance Sheet

A balance sheet is used to show any changes to the value of a property. There are two different kinds of properties, including freehold properties and investment properties. Investment properties should always be included on the balance sheet, as the value shouldn't decrease.

If you would like to find out more about balance sheets, or any of our other property valuation services, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us today. We are always happy to help and answer any of your queries and questions.

Inheritance Tax & Capital Gains Tax

You can invest in your inheritance in a business or property that will earn you an income; however, you will need to pay tax on your investment. Then, if you decide to go on and sell your inheritance, and the profits you have made from investing it, then you will need to pay capital gains tax.

If you want to invest in your investment and you would like some advice regarding tax and capital gains, please don't hesitate to give us a call today on 01732 313 076.

Property Investment & Portfolio Management

Property valuations are so important for property investments, as any investors will want to know the value of the property, to work out if they will be able to make a profit. So, a property will go through the valuation to find out its potential income, how much it is worth now, and how much it could be worth.

The valuation process will also help find faults with the property that you may not have noticed, so you'll be able to find out how much it's going to cost you to fix everything.


Litigation Includes Claims of Professional Negligence, Matrimonial Proceedings, Business Partnerships or Other Property-Related Disputes.

We are experts at resolving different kinds of disputes, using many different professional and approved methods. It is important to get these disputes solved sooner rather than later because it can affect a lot of other matters that may come up further in the future.

The dispute may have to go through the court if it can't be resolved using the methods used. If you are having a dispute, either property-related, matrimonial, business-wise or to do with professional negligence, then please contact our expert witness surveyor today.


Property developments are usually done to improve the property itself to get the best use out of it and give it a higher potential income. These properties need to be valued to see if it is worth going through the development process or not.

Development property valuations will also help determine exactly how much work needs to be done to the property itself. As professionals, we definitely believe that this valuation is worth it, and we can provide these services for you at an expert and high-quality standard.

Leasehold Enfranchisement

If you want to extend your lease, which is basically the contract you legally make with your landlord, then you will need to go through leasehold enfranchisement. You will also need a leasehold enfranchisement if you want to acquire the freehold.

If you're looking for expert leasehold enfranchisement services, then you've come to the right place. We will prepare all the necessary information; we can help you set up the company, help you with the notice, liaise with the landlord, and amend any terms on the lease.

Charities Act

If you want to sell land or a property that is under the charities act, then an RICS chartered surveyor will need to write a report that the charity is happy with. This valuation is very different from the normal valuations, with more requirements.

It will also differ depending on whether the land or property is sold normally, sold on auction, or rented out. When dealing with properties under the Charity Act, we can help. The land must have a lease exceeding of over seven years.

Compulsory Purchase

Sometimes, the Government, utility companies, or local Councils have a statuary right to buy your property, or even take it over! However, no one can take over your property until they have proven they have the Compulsory Purchase Order.

We can provide you with expert and professional advice regarding compulsory purchase problems. It is so important to seek legal advice as soon as possible if you think that there is a chance your property might be compulsorily purchased.

Dilapidations Claims

If your contract, or legal agreement, is breached in any way, then this may result in a dilapidation claim (Section 18). If this happens, it is so important to have a professional by your side, who has been trained and qualified in the industry.

The breach may be damage to the property, which can cause a decrease in the overall value of the property, and may cause the landlord to lose money. If you require advice in regards to dilapidations, then contact our property expert witness today.

Our Services

Ask Our Expert about Commercial Property Valuation In Kent