Edward Prentice

Chartered Surveyor and Property Consultant

Phone Number: 01732 355 639

email:: [email protected]

Do you need an RICS house valuation for separation?

Are you looking for expert advice concerning house or property valuation for divorce? Our Practice is based in the south-east of England, in Kent, and we offer our services to our surrounding local areas such as Maidstone, Dover and Aylesford. 

Our professional service offers expert advice using our wide range of experience and knowledge. All our chartered surveyors are RICS regulated and provide high standards of service to ensure we meet all our client's requirements.

When your marriage breaks up, it can be one of the most difficult and challenging times of your life, as there are so many things to think about and to take into consideration. We understand how hard this can be, which is why we offer support to our clients and as much time as required to discuss all the details thoroughly.


Our RICS registered chartered surveyors provide a professional property valuation service. The purposes of valuations are to determine how much the market value of a building is, for future purchase or investment. We work with estate agents who have experience in working with other buildings around that local area, and can use appraisals.


Matrimonial valuations on properties are essential for reasons such as:

 Acceptance from authorities such as

Bank Managers, Tax and Finance Specialists

Insurance companies, Lawyers and Accountants.

Handling the management of property buyouts

The sale process of the property (How much it's worth)

If the leasehold is going to change due to divorce

Expert Witness

For matrimonial proceedings, an expert witness can be beneficial, from valuations to disputes between the divorcees. Expert witnesses can assist a judge with details from both parties, including handling evidence, and follow the rules and regulations to reach an unbiased decision. 

In some cases, disputes are caused by factors such as hiding assets from the other spouse, unprofessional valuers giving the property or business a lower value than it should be or the probate and inheritance processes. Expert Witnesses can help with all of these problems and also give you advice on how to handle them.


When you go through a divorce, one of the main things to think about is your property; whether it's a residential property  (the house you both live in) or a commercial property (a business you run together, for example, an office block or retail industry). There are various options you can take, but each one will determine your financial situation, and what happens to all your assets, in a different way. But, before you decide which route to take, you need to have a property valuation, so you know how much your property is worth.


Divorcing couples will often seek to sell the property and split the money between each other. Although, you may not both receive equal amounts of money, so it's important to get in touch with a valuer to find out the specific shares.


Another option is for one spouse to buy their partner out of the mortgage. The purpose of this is if one spouse wants to retain ownership of the residential/commercial property, then the other isn't left with any mortgage debt. 


If you and your partner feel you have enough to fully purchase the land and property between you. This would mean, after you've had the valuations done, you and your partner you can ensure you and your partner will receive an equal share from the sale of the house or business property without any complications. 

Do you have something to say?